Slow Living in Le Marche
Location: Le Marche, Italy
Dates: August 29th - September 5th
Length: 7 nights
Host: Kirsten Dickerson, co-founder of The Fernweh Studio.
Accommodations: Stay at the gorgeous villa, Casa Olivi, in rolling hills fo Le Marche. This property has been fully restored with a minimalist, rustic yet modern approach to Italian country style.
Number of spots: 10 women (shared double occupancy)
Cost: $3900 p/p (details below)
Join Kirsten, founder of The Fernweh Studio, for 7 nights of a slow living culinary experience in the unspoiled region of Le Marche. Our weeklong retreat will invite you to wander the pastures, participate in culinary classes and demonstrations, visit the majestic Adrianic Sea, and savor the ideal of slow living in an Italian setting.
Our Le Marche retreat will include experiences such as:
- morning yoga and meditation
- relaxing by the pool or wandering in the surrounding countryside
- culinary classes and demonstrations at our villa: sauces, mozerella, and pastas
- truffle hunting and truffle dinner
- wine tasting and winery tour
- olive oil farm tour
- visit to the Adriatic Sea with boat excursions and fresh catch lunch
- exploring one of the ancient local villages
- guided reflection on slow living and plenty of opportunities to reflect, rest, and rejuvenate
About Le Marche and Experiences:
Much of the region remains relatively tourist-free and unknown, including its deeply traditional food blessed with bounty from the mountains, farmland and sea. Le Marche produces a varied, seasonal cuisine and truly distinctive wines. To fully appreciate the charms of this undiscovered region, combine an off-the-beaten-track tour of the region's coastal scenery, breathtaking mountain views and evocative history with an exploration of some local culinary highlights.
Discover the delicious wines from Le Marche with passionate sommeliers Amy Wadman and Mirco Lucamarini. Amy will open doors to small family wineries for you, organic farms and exclusive venues where each winemaker, farmer, artisan and chef will lead you on a personal tour of their special corner of the world. She has carefully researched and designed each of her tours to showcase those undiscovered gems off the beaten tourist track which we believe display Italy's true charms.
Enjoy some hours walking through woods, picking Truffles along with our special guide Alessandro Benvenuti, who will teach how to find Truffles with his wonderful and inseparable dogs. After this wonderful experience you'll have a special truffle dinner at his place to enjoy this special natural product.
Lunch on the Adriatic Sea. We will venture out to see the magnificent view of the Riviera del Conero and the Gulf of Numana, including a fresh catch delicious picnic and a few stops to swim in the exclusive waters of one of the most beautiful environments in Europe.
We will visit one of the most beautiful villages in Italy, Cingoli in the rolling countryside of the Marche region. Cingoli is a historic town with stunning churches sitting high with a panoramic view surrounding. We will also enjoy lunch at one of the wonderful restaurants for a taste of local cuisine after our tour.
- Saturday: arrival, welcome, and dinner at villa (transfer from Rome)
- Sunday: yoga, morning cooking lesson #1 by Chef Samuele (mozerrella making), afternoon free to enjoy pool and villa (optional massage), dinner at villa
- Monday: yoga, free morning (watercolor and journaling optional), lunch at villa, afternoon truffle hunting in Fano with truffle dinner
- Tuesday: Verdicchio wine tour: two winery tours/ tastings with sommelier guide, traditional Marche luncheon with paired wines. Dinner at Villa.
- Wednesday: yoga, cooking class #2 with Chef Samuele (pasta), lunch at villa, afternoon free to enjoy pool and villa (optional massage), Michelin star chef dinner at villa
- Thursday: Adrianic Sea excursion with fresh catch lunch, dinner at villa
- Friday: yoga, morning (or afternoon) guided tour of Cingoli followed by lunch at either Gallo Rosso or Diverso, showcasing Mache cuisine. Afternoon free to enjoy pool and villa (optional massage), Final dinner at villa.
- Saturday: check out and transfer to back to airport in Rome
- Deposit of $1950 due with registration.
- Remaining $1950 due on or before May 1, 2020.
- $100 discount for payment received in full at registration.
- Cost covers all meals, accommodations, taxes, in-country transportation, and all excursions/events described in the itinerary.
- Cost also includes a special donation to our non-profit partners.
- Cost includes all excursions, activities, and classes listed in itinerary, accommodations, all meals, wine pairings with dinner, all in-country transportation, taxes, tips
- The Fernweh Studio will help coordinate flights and travel insurance through a trusted agent unless otherwise discussed.
- There are 10 spots maximum available for this excursion.
- Your spot is confirmed once your applicatioin is approved and deposit is received. Bookings are first come, first served.
- A detailed itinerary and preperation details will be provided once your registration is complete.
- Payment can be made via check or Venmo (@Fernweh-Studio)
Please note this is a sample itinerary and final plans will be made after registration is closed and payments are received. You will be notified if there are any updates or changes.
Please only register when you are ready to book your trip. If you have questions or need additional information before registering, please contact: email@example.com