Golden Triangle Design Tour
Location: India: Golden Triangle
Delhi • Agra • Jaipur • Almora
Dates: September 28th - Oct 10th
Length: 11 nights
Host: Kirsten Dickerson, co-founder of The Fernweh Studio.
- 4 nights in Designer Boutique Hotel in Delhi
- 4 nights in stunning Heritage Hotel properties in Agra and Jaipur
- 3 nights at The Kumaon, a modern architectural mountain retreat above the ancient town of Almora
Number of spots: 9 women (shared double occupancy). The minimum age for participation is 14 years if accompanied by an adult/parent.
Cost: $4900 p/p (details below)
Join Kirsten, founder of The Fernweh Studio, on a journey back to incredible India to experience the wonder and beauty of The Golden Triangle region as well as a mountain retreat in the sacred Nanda Devi Range.
This trip will have a special emphasis on artisan handicrafts, empowering women, cultural exposure, and the natural wonder and beauty found in this special country. As a participant on this trip, you'll have the opportunity to learn firsthand about the impact of fair trade and ethical production. Your magical journey will include experiences such as:
Visits to key historical places (forts, palaces) and learn about the history of India from some amazing experts
Artisan visits that incorporate hands-on learning experiences such as: calligraphy, textile block printing, jewelry making, marble inlay, hand-weaving and more
Engage with fair trade artisanal social enterprises and non-profits that work tirelessly to support marginalized individuals
Explore centuries-old markets as well as modern boutiques
Experience traditional Indian classical and folk dances and music
Learn about Indian spices and participate in a cooking class of Indian cuisine
Experience the culinary scene of India through a variety of restaurants and heritage properties
Finish your journey in one of India’s magical hill stations at a modern mountain retreat (yoga, contemplation, hiking)
Fernweh Studio promotes responsible tourism, and you are invited to have a meaningful, inspirational tour of India that gives you an insider experience with the people and culture. India is a diverse and challenging destination. While the beauty and inspiration to be discovered is like no where else on the planet, India can also be a bit overwhelming with all its contrasts. We will have a trusted Indian female guide that will join us for all our travels to help with translation and smooth transitions between locations. There are many social issues that you will be exposed to on this trip, but we will be learning from some amazing social businesses and non-profits that are tackling such issues through dignity-oriented and empowerment-focused models.
If you are a designer or buyer, you will have opportunities to connect to some amazing fair trade artisans with an on the ground point person for sourcing and future designing.
Sept 28-31 Delhi
- Guided heritage tour and gastronomic experience at Shahajanabad, Delhi’s old town via tuk tuk
- Visit the Indian Crafts museum
- Dine in a heritage property with special classical India performances
- Visit the beautiful Lodhi Gardens for an early Yoga session
- Visit Project thrive - a sewing center for at risk women
- Explore the textile library with our special host who is an award winning Ethical sourcing expert
- Shopping in various trendy and tradtional markets such as Khan Market, craft market, and Haus Khax village
- Learn to screen print with a fair trade business that empowers an at-risk community
Oct 1-Oct 2: Agra
- Take the early morning fast train to Agra and experience amazing Agra via a guided tour of the Taj Mahal and other key historical sites
- Visit the Chanv Foundation that empowers acid attack victims and have lunch at the cafe that supports victims and sells the handmade wares they create
- Visit other fair trade organizations in Agra such as a marble inlay workshop
Oct 2-5: Jaipur
- Experience the beauty and design of inspiring Jaipur through architectural tour of the palaces and forts
- Visit the Lac bangle cluster for immersion tour, shopping, and bangle making workshop
- Enjoy the sound and light show at Amer Fort
- Visit the Bagru district for immersion tour of block printing and natural dying
- Visit the Anokhi museum of hand printing with lunch at artisanal Anokhi Cafe Afternoon of shopper’s paradise in bazaar (traditional garments, jewelry, and other wares)
- Group Cooking class and culinary demonstration
- Traditional Rajasthani dance, music, and dinner
Oct 6-9: Amora
- After a brief night in Delhi, take the early train to a rejuvenating retreat in the beautiful mountain range
- Stay at an modern, minimal retreat with stunning view.
- Daily yoga and meditation
- Unwind, rest, reflect.
- Visit to Binsar Sanctuary for morning hike, picnic and panoramic views of the Himalayan Mountains.
- Wander the nearby ancient town of Amora
- Guided discussions and reflections on intentional/slow living
- Deposit of $2450 due with registration.
- Remaining $2450 due on or before June 1, 2020.
- $100 discount for payment received in full at registration.
- Cost covers all meals, accommodations, group tips, taxes, in-country ground transportation, in-country flight, and all excursions/events described on the itinerary.
- Cost does not include airfare, travel insurance (required), visa , alcohol, or personal expenses.
- The Fernweh Studio will help coordinate flights and travel insurance through a trusted agent unless otherwise discussed.
- There are 9 spots maximum available for this excursion.
- Your spot is confirmed once your applicatioin is approved and deposit is received. Bookings are first come, first served.
- A detailed itinerary and preperation details will be provided once your registration is complete.
- Payment can be made via check or Venmo (@Fernweh-Studio)
Please note this is a sample itinerary and final plans will be made after registration is closed and payments are received. You will be notified if there are any updates or changes.
Please only register when you are ready to book your trip. If you have questions or need additional information before registering, please contact: email@example.com